Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Blog February 27, 2008

I have learned so much over the past several weeks. Not real sure that my WebQuest turned out the way I wanted it to but I did try. The lesson plan will take some extra time because there is so much information on my topic. It will be challenging to narrow it down to just a couple of activities and focus points.

I thought the oral histories were interesting. I would have liked to have spent more time talking about them. My uncle was a POW in WWII and I love to visit with him about it. He did not talk about the war at all for many years. A book was published about his plane being bombed. After reading his friend's book (he was on the plane too) my uncle starting sharing HIS story. His parachute was hung up in a tree when they landed and they were taken captive. He has talked about the long marches through the snow, horrible conditions, illness, etc. There is so much valuable history within his story. I would love to record his story someday. His health is failing and I know I need to do it soon. I wish I could spend more time with him.

This is my last blog. I have enjoyed getting to know you all. See you around!

No comments: