Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Blog entry for week of Feb 6 through Feb13.

It has been interesting to learn about the different resources available for lesson planning. I have to admit to feeling quite overwhelmed though. It will be interesting to evaluate the different plans and see what variations might need to be included in order to accomodate specific students/classroom settings. I may even find a lesson plan or two to file away for future use. :)

One important thing that I have learned in class is to always look for validation and appropriateness. Just because something is posted and available does not make it worthy of use. There is so much information to take into consideration regarding content, biasness, ease of use, suitability and usefulness of materials when evaluating lesson plans. This assignment will be time consuming but definitely worthwhile as far as creating awareness of quality lesson planning.

Our group project will be a priority this week as we will be presenting on the use of Smartboards in the classroom. I am looking forward to seeing the other presentations as well.

Have a great week and I will see you all on the 13th.

2 comments:

JoAnne said...

You are not the only one feeling overwhelmed at this point. I am learning a lot in this class though. Especially about copyright, biasness, and lessons that are age appropriate. I'm looking forward to looking at the different lesson plans on the internet and maybe getting some ideas for future use. I'm looking forward to doing the class presentation and getting it over with. I'm a little nervous, but I think it will go okay.

C Rhea said...

Your comment about the importance of checking the bias, content, etc. of a given lesson plan is very accurate. The LOC lesson plan database is a very useful resource for new and experienced teachers who might look to change up old lessons. But to be quite blunt, you never know what kind of whacko is publishing this information to use. I know some teachers whose lesson plans, more often than not, fail to meet standards and engage learners.